Saturday, September 19, 2009

Memory from the Past.

I just wanted to share my experience during Fashion's Night Out 2009.

Fashion's Night Out was on September 10 2009. This event made me realize how much fun it was to actually stand in line just to see some fashion designers that inspired me. It was a night when everyone celebrated fashion and the elements of joy it delivers. I went to Barney's and Bergdorfs mainly to see Alexander Wang, Peter Som, Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen, and Payless for Christian Siriano. Aside those places, I was delighted to hear compliments from Christian Siriano about my fashion sketches. haha. The following day, I went to Bryant Park to see how the tents were set up and just to reminisce the joy of fashion week, although I really wanted to experience how it was like to be inside them. After my wait, I just asked two guys if they can let me in with them just for the hell of it. It was definitely worth it because it lead me to backstage hair and makeup for Kati Stern Venexiana. I helped out with the people that took me in, carrying a bag, and went to the fashion show. This was actually my first fashion show and it was the highlight of my day. During that week, I was also invited to go to alice and olivia, and although I REALLY wanted to go, I couldn't because of some personal errands I had to do. The following day I went to Carmen Marc Valvo's fashion presentation and this was a different experience because it was more of like an event where you can just talk to the designer and the models are just right there. I was even happy to see Vanessa Williams. haha! The models looked amazing and seeing a close up view of the collection made me think about how much I really wanted to be a part of the fashion industry. A few days later, I went to G-Star Raw and that was even bigger. Lindsay Lohan was there, Taylor Momsen, and Christian Siriano- just to name a few. The set up of the place was incredible although the view that I was in was pretty uncomfortable, but it was definitely worth being there.







No comments:

Post a Comment